Sunday 8 December 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

I have been sorting Mum's photos for her for her Christmas present so I have been looking at photos of Christmas past for a few weeks. I have such vivid memories of our family tree. At our first house Dad went and cut down branches from the pine tree in the garden and we decorated those. There were big multicoloured bulbs that intertwined with angels choirs and disney characters. Always with a Barbie to top it off. 
Some of those decorations live on with my Dad. He has collected decorations from all round the world and whenever we go on holiday we buy one for him. They come from Brazil, all over the states, the far east and from European markets. All in the worst possible taste. The Boston Baked Beans in a Christmas Stocking is still my favourite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment